The International Forum for Responsible Tourism has reached its sixth edition. It is a world renowned event, at the previous editions having had top professionals from Romania, Europe, Asia, USA, as well as representatives of public authorities, scholars and researchers, leaders of representative organisations, and promotors of the field.
The Forum mission: Developing communities’ capacity of becoming more appealing.
Theme: “Local attractions and the development of responsible tourism”
Date: 10th – 11th of May 2018
Our special guest this year is dr. Harold Goodwin, the researcher who has defined and contributed to the understanding and popularisation of responsible tourism.
Dr. Harold Goodwin has worked across four continents with local communities, with governments, and in the tourism industry. He is an emeritus professor and the director of the Institute of Place Management at Manchester Metropolitan University, General Manager of the Responsible Tourism Partnership and World Travel Market consultant on their Responsible Tourism Program in London, which gathers over 2000 participants each year. He is both president of the World Responsible Tourism Awards.
Moreover, dr. Goodwin is director and founder of the International Center for Responsible Tourism since 2002, which promotes the principles of the Cape Town Declaration.
The conferences on 10th and 11th of May will be followed up by an intensive course taught by Harold Goodwin and Crista Buznea (TUI / Future Forward Travel). The general theme is: Management in responsible tourism and will talk about certain key aspects:
- Local economic growth;
- Managing authenticity and experiences;
- Territory management;
- Managing destinations.
The participants joining Harold Goodwin’s course will be granted a certificate issued by the Amphiteatre Foundation and the International Center for Responsible Tourism.
- Local attraction – the starting point for the touristic act;
- Territory management and developing strategies;
- Natural attractions – from responsible capitalisation to protection;
- Anthropic attractions and entrepreneurship;
- Creative tourism, marketing and technology.
The proposed program will materialise in:
- Establishing direct relations with organisations and European institutions involved in longterm development in order to cooperate with;
- Developing the collaboration between entrepreneurs in creative fields and services with the purpose of raising the quality of sights and programs destined to both locals and visitors;
- Including products and touristic destinations in the European circuit of hospitality and responsible tourism;
- Dissemination of good practice of responsible tourism;
- Developing strategies of responsible community capitalisation through tourism;
- Accessing European and national funding destined for development and promotion of local attractions;
- Concrete solutions for responsible capitalisation on anthropic and natural attractions.
In order to participate in the sixth edition of the IFRT, please fill in the registration form and send it in via email at: email@example.com via fax at: 021.312.51.03 before 1st of May 2018.
Contact person / Project manager: Diana Manea
Foto: Ștefan Trăsnea